"These gypsies sometimes arrived in the Moog Empire, and, as 'interbreeding' was forbidden, most of the gypsy-Moog people were persecuted."
I think that this excerpt from an as yet unpublished book shows human nature pretty well. "Interbreeding" was forbidden, but they did it anyway. Deep down, although one might want to do the right thing, one always wants to do the wrong thing. We can't help it. After the Fall, the flesh became the enemy. The flesh is a double-agent, and Satan is happy about that. During a Christmas Advent that our family did once, we talked about how one must keep silencing the flesh and praising God until even your flesh wants to praise God. We have to work against ourselves until no part of us is against the rest. It's a hard thing to do.
On a happier note, here I am! If you are reading this, you probably came from the Parkside Place website to read a blog, so here it is.
We (being Dad and myself) recently started reading C. S. Lewis' space trilogy, and Dad is almost done with Perelandra, the second book. It was one of the creepiest books I've ever read, because something takes over somebody's body, and, even when the protagonist kills the Unman, as Lewis calls it, it comes back to life. It seems that Lewis ventured deeper into theology than I ever supposed.
Sometimes, I have the urge to say random words and do random things, but that is "barred in society," to quote Guy Wetmore Carrel's The Embarrassing Episode of Little Miss Muffet, so I cannot do it. The fewer weird things one does, the better, but that is only what the majority says.
Most people don't appreciate the power of literature, but it is only a way for authors to present their ideas. If the public ridicules those ideas, what of it? At least the authors tried. Some people hate some literature because of its content. After all, there is always somebody who is against something. For instance, the Harry Potter series has raised controversy, as has the trilogy that has The Golden Compass in it. Few people realize that that actually shows the power of literature. Literature raises arguments between people, even among family members (although the latter type is usually only arguments over pronunciation). Literature changes, and not in only one way. Whenever literature is translated, something is lost...
Even fewer people appreciate the power of safe food. I think that people only want food to taste good. For example, kefir is a sour but healthy drink that I don't much prefer, and I don't think that most people would want to eat it, but, add a little stevia and vanilla and, voila! you have a slightly tart, but tasty, smoothy, with most of the health benefits still in it.
How to wrap up a blog post after rambling through that stuff? Well, I guess I could use the words of the apostle Paul, the words that he so often used in his letters: The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
'ding 2
No comments:
Post a Comment