I ran to the big street in front of our house to see her poor, broken body, which had been so lively only moments before, lying, lifeless, in one of the lanes.
People were already there, checking the collar and crying, when our family arrived. Our dog, Little, was gone from us, and we didn't know what to do.
Little was precious to us, and she will always have a special place in our hearts. We must, however, learn to move on. I'm not quite ready yet, but today we have up to have a hectic day of piano lessons (we have Guild Auditions Monday) and school (it is a co-op day), and tomorrow I go on a field trip to Busch Gardens.
My dear, poor puppy, I will miss you. I love you, Little.
'ding 2
1 comment:
Thanks for writing this. It is very well done. I am sad, too, and it is helpful for me to read this. Thank you also for pointing out some comfort from Psalm 25 last evening and reading to us from Randy Alcorn's book. I'm proud of you! D
Post a Comment