There are a few things I know for certain:
I know that there is a God.
I know that this God loves me completely, with a perfect love.
I know that everything He says is completely true.
I know that there are people who love me.
I know that there are people whom I love.
I know that each of these relationships is imperfect and tainted by sin.
I know that, through God, each of these relationships has been redeemed for His glory.
Then there are a few things that I hope are true:
Perhaps what I am doing is what God desires for me to do.
Perhaps my plan is in line with God's plan.
Perhaps I will be able to comprehend God's plan in order to keep from hurting the people I love.
Perhaps the people that I love are the people who love me.
Perhaps these relationships will last until God calls me or the other person home.
But, then again, perhaps not...
If not, then I can know of this:
No matter what happens, whether or not my plans work out... Whether or not what I want to happen is what happens... No matter how much I screw up... God's plan is always better for me than anything I can possibly imagine, and I can rest in the knowledge that He is always doing what is best for me, in every moment of my life.
Perhaps I am already tasting the inexplicable nature of God's plan. Perhaps I am already seeing proof in my life that God is unfolding something incredible for me. Perhaps not.
But, if not, I am certain that:
Whatever God has planned for me is so incredibly amazing that no human could ever imagine it.
If what is happening now is His final plan for me, then I am absolutely content, for it is just as amazing as anything I could currently hope for.
'ding 2
No comments:
Post a Comment