A light powder falls from the sky
A white blanket conceals the grass
A light wind blows in my face
My cheeks sting
Tears start in my watery eyes
The strains of a song play in the back of my head
I stand on a cliff
The day slips into evening
The sky fades from blue to purple, back to blue
Darkness falls
Civilization spreads out before me
Tiny lights flicker as they hold back the night
How is it that the same thing can make me feel so insignificant and yet so important?
How is it that the God Who made the mountains finds me lovely?
How is it that the God Who made the stars cares about the number of hairs on my head?
How is it that the God Who made the world let it nail Him to a cross?
Oh that I could understand!
So small, so weak
And yet in Him so strong...
In Him so secure
Yet before Him so frightened
One day I will give a reckoning for all my deeds
One day He will list all my faults
Am I ready to face His gaze?
The Lamb has made me spotless
I'm so ready
No comments:
Post a Comment