Friday, May 24, 2013

Conclusion

There are those who believe it is impossible to know the truth.  The irony of such a statement is that they believe that it is true.  Everyone believes in something, and everyone ought to believe that their beliefs are true.  How, then, can we know the truth?  If I disagree with a Marxist but we both think our beliefs are true, who is right?  We cannot know that.  That is not to say that we cannot know the truth: the truth is knowable, it is simply impossible to know which belief system is true.

I believe that one day I will die and will stand before the God Who created me and give an account for all of my actions.  A friend of mine who is an atheist believes that one day he will die and will be dead.  We cannot know which of us is right until we die.  That is the life of faith.  A worldview is nothing more than looking at the world and choosing what makes sense, analyzing the evidence and honestly choosing what seems true, then living your life with the assumption that what you believe is true, is true.

I believe that my beliefs are true.  Do you?

No comments: