I'm thankful for the offer
To join your little gameI merely think the prizes here
Are just a little lame
I don't appreciate it
The way I guess I should
But after seeing all this shit
I doubt I ever could
So go and play with matches
And watch your whole world burn
I'll look for what I won't regret
And count my lesson learned
I can't say that I've found it:
An easy, happy lot
I know I have much more than that
I've all, but you have naught
So tell me that I've lost it
Or have I? You don't know
The price He paid: so I could live,
To His life He said no
So yes, you call me different,
But really, we're the same
And now I write to you, dear World,
To save you from your pain
It's pain that I am free from,
But not by my own choice
He rescued me before I knew,
Or even heard, His voice
"Freedom isn't free!" you say
Of course not! Don't you see?
The Son of God has paid an e-
verlasting debt for me
Dear World, you've tripped and fallen,
But don't give in to shame
Just put your trust in Jesus Christ,
Who died and rose again
It's not some mystic nonsense
To go from slave to free
Your life, your all is what He wants
When He says, "Follow Me"
Believe me when I tell you
He's worth the best you have
So give it all away and find
The very peace you crave
No comments:
Post a Comment