Quietly imagining a world
In which everything we pretend has become
A reality--unimprisoned, faultless, and free
But that is not reality.
It's a drug, to keep me sated and clumsy.
I drink the death I brew for myself
And wish for a day when I will be
Alone
Unloved, unhated
Unbroken, unformed
Unknown
The realness of a record of wrongs
(Wrongs that mean nothing?)
Is too much for me to grasp
I twist away from what I feel
Because feeling is like a finger, pointed
Ruthlessly at me, accusing
Never relenting
Always tormenting
No one defending
And what does it mean to be free
If freedom is nothing but agony?
Explain to me why, God!
I believe, but so do the demons
Is that what I am?
Are they just like me?
Knowing, but running and mocking and dying?
I want to cry, but you've closed my eyes,
And now I'm alone.
Alone with the one that I hate
More than all
No comments:
Post a Comment